Thursday, June 4, 2009

Growing up on the Spectrum

No question this week, but I found an intriguing book at the library and thought I'd share.

Growing up on the Spectrum: A Guide to Life, Love, and Learning for Teens and Young Adults with Autism and Asperger's
By Lynn Kern Koegel, Ph.D., and Claire LaZebnik
Viking Press, 2009

These women authored one of my favorite books on treating the disorder, Overcoming Autism. I'll not likely have time to read their new book for a while, but if it's half as good as Overcoming, it'll be hugely helpful.

Has anyone read it already? Any reviews would be appreciated. Also, if you know other books on the subject for teens and young adults on the spectrum, please share in the comments.

1 comment:

maiahs_momma said...

I believe I have read that book, good read :)! I thought it was good from what I can remember of it, and I also loved Overcoming too...thank you for sharing.

Hugs,
catherine